Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oooh, no mayo tuna...

Ok, while I'm at it, I wanted to jot this down as well. I was on the look out for a no mayo tuna salad recipe. I don't know if it was just a bad day, or if I'm sensitive to egg, I haven't figured it out yet, but in any case, who wouldn't benefit from a low-cal tuna salad? I mean, I love mayo, but I'm open to other things, and mayo isn't very good for you :P With that said, here we go.

Ingredients:

1 can chunk light tuna in water
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 of a medium yellow onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 ounces italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon fresh minced basil

Directions: Mix all ingredients, and enjoy!

Tips: I don't seem to have any trouble with spices or herbs so far, and I believe I can tolerate small amounts of fresh onion and garlic. If you know you have a problem with any of these things, then leave it out, and sub something else. Can't handle fresh basil? Dry a little dried. No fresh onion for you? Maybe try a little dehydrated onion or a bit of onion powder. Do what works for you.

Try eating this on toast points, crackers, pita bread, or soft tortillas. Yum-o! Oh, and if you're into tuna melts, you could try putting it on bread, sprinkling on some soy cheese (or a low lactose cheese, if you can handle it), and baking until bubbly.

No comments: